Ensuring the Care of Your Pets After You’re Gone
If you have pets, you want the comfort of knowing they will be cared for and loved if anything should happen to you. We strongly recommend that you please remember your pets when crafting your estate plan. Find someone you can trust to leave them to, and talk to this person so they know your plans. If, however, you do not have anyone to leave your pets to, Second Chance Center for Animals, Inc. now offers a program called PAWS-itive Care to ensure your pet is taken care of, in their new home with a loving family, when you are gone or are disabled.
Second Chance Center for Animals, Inc. is a local, non-profit corporation, funded through the support of community members like you.
(If your will or trust document does not specify who will transport the pets to our agency in East Flagstaff, Arizona, we can work with your personal representative, trustee, or other responsible party to have your pet safely transported to our shelter facilities. The cost of transport outside of the boundaries of Coconino County is the responsibility of the pet owner or his/her estate.)
We suggest a minimum planned gift of $5,000 bequeathed to Second Chance Center for Animals, Inc.,
Federal Identification Number 26-2395228, to support your pets’ enrollment.
A planned gift may be:
- A bequest in your will or trust;
- Naming Second Chance Center for Animals, Inc. as beneficiary of your life insurance or qualified retirement plan;
- Naming Second Chance Center for Animals, Inc. as the beneficiary of a “transfer on death” bank or stock account;
- A charitable gift annuity or a charitable remainder trust. Required next steps for enrollment in PAWS-itive Care;
- Complete this information form.
- Complete one PAWS-itive Care Program Enrollment Agreement for each of your pets;
- Complete one PAWS-itive Care Pet Profile for each of your pets;
- Make out a check payable to Second Chance Center for Animals, Inc. in an amount of $100 for each pet as a nonrefundable Reservation Fee.
- Mail completed documents and check to: PAWS-itive Care, Second Chance Center for Animals, Inc. 11665 North Highway 89, Flagstaff, AZ 86004.